Groundwork Ministries Mission Germany Team Blog

This is Groundwork Ministries' Mission Germany Team blog for 2010! Keep updated on the team's experiences and what God is doing through and in them...and pray for everyone involved. Sign up as a follower to get notifications when the blog is updated!

NOTE: We are having trouble with the photo layout. Be sure to check at the bottom each day for added photos!

Bitersweet Ending

Bitersweet Ending
Saying good-bye to our awesome host families at the train station. :(

Friday, July 23, 2010

yeah...(:

After getting home and being able to settle in I have realized how much I miss Germany, and how much I picked up from the trip and country! I have learned to put others before myself more than ever before. All of the time spent running to catch trains, keeping an eye on luggage, and helping little kids do something that they don't understand because it's in another language really put life into a whole new perspective.

One of the biggest things that blew my mind and was simply amazing was the thing that we struggled with the most I think- the language barrier. Everyday somebody on our team would say a prayer, and then the pastor of their church would pray a similar prayer in German. Isn't it weird to sit back and think "God understands this all...he understands us plus the tons of other people across the world." I don't think it's necessarily the tongue that he hears, but our hearts. Because our hearts are the only thing he wants to hear.

Everybody asks me the same question "Well, how was it?" All I can tell them is that it was the best two weeks of my life. I have no idea how to explain he kids, the songs, the touring, the friends, the team building, faithwalk strengthening, and the blessing of even being able to go! Everybody has their own experiences, and everybody has their own stories I'm just glad that I was able to share it with these 8 people! I can't wait to have the chance to go next year!

With love and thanks,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment